5 Things To Do on Your Birthday If you have diabetes
By Chi Cruz
– List your recent vaccinations. Before your next clinic visit, recall your past vaccines and when they were given.
– See your ophthalmologist. Have your eyes checked at least yearly for cataract, retinopathy or other vision problems.
– Visit your dentist. Your teeth and gums are checked for dental caries, gum swelling or bleeding. Dentures also need to be seen to ensure proper fit!
– Have your feet checked. Sensation and blood flow are tested to see if your feet are at risk for poor healing wounds.
– See your doctor. Tests to check your kidney, liver and heart are monitored periodically. Ask what food you can enjoy on your special day.
See more Endocrine Hotspots Editions at endo-society.org.ph/endocrine-hotspots
Brought to you by the Philippine College of Endocrinology Diabetes and Metabolism (PCEDM)