Membership in the Philippine Society of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism (PSEDM) shall consist of the following categories of members:
Members included in the first roster of membership of the society upon its inception shall be classified as founding fellows and diplomates.
Members of the Society who have served as past presidents of the society are entitled to Life Fellowship.
A regular Fellow in the Society shall meet the following requirements:
- He must be a Diplomate of the PSEDM in good standing for at least two consecutive years.
- Two fellows of the society in good standing must endorse him in writing.
- His application must be approved by a majority vote of the PSEDM Board of Directors.
A Diplomate in the Society shall meet the following additional requirements:
- The Philippine Specialty Board of Internal Medicine must certify him as Diplomate in Internal Medicine.
- He must have completed all other requirements for diplomate as prescribed by the Philippine Specialty Board of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism (PSBEDM)
- He must have passed both oral and written examination given by the PSBEDM.
- A candidate for Associate Membership must be a Filipino, duly licensed to practice medicine in the Philippines and actively engaged in the field of Internal Medicine and Endocrinology.
- He must have satisfactorily completed his residency training in Internal Medicine in a training program duly accredited by the Philippine College of Physician (PCP or its equivalent abroad as deemed appropriate by the PSEDM Board of Directors.
- He must have satisfactorily completed fellowship training in Endocrinology in a training program duly accredited by the Philippine Society of Endocrinology and Metabolism or its equivalent abroad as deemed appropriate by the PSEDM Board of Directors.
- He must be of good moral character and ethical standing in the profession.
- His application must be endorsed by at least one fellow in good standing in the society.
An Honorary Fellow shall be a member of the medicine profession who is generally recognized by the society’s membership to have occupied a position of honor or eminence in the practice of Endocrinology and Metabolism or in research thereof.
Any corporation with a special interest in Endocrinology may apply for corporate membership in the society.