Candidates must submit the following requirements:
1. Certificate as Philippine College of Physicians (PCP) Diplomate.
2. Certificate of good standing as a PSEDM member (to be obtained from PSEDM secretary)
3. Certificate of Fellowship in Endocrinology and Metabolism in a PSEDM accredited Endocrinology and Metabolism training program (minimum of 2 years) or its international equivalent.
4. One published ANALYTICAL research paper serving as a SENIOR AUTHOR in a recognized journal/publication (International, National, PJIM, JAFES and other recognized journals of the PCP components societies, or recognized institutional journals of the accredited training institutions). Case reports, meta analysis and literature reviews will not be acceptable.
An analytical paper attempts to quantify the relationship between 2 factors, that is the effect of an Intervention or Exposure to an Outcome.
In analytical observational studies, the researcher measures the exposure or treatments of the groups. These include case control studies, cohort studies and some population (cross-sectional) studies. These all include matched groups of subjects and assess associations between exposures and outcomes.
A non-analytic or descriptive study does not try to quantify the relationship but only tries to give us a picture of what is happening in a population, eg. prevalence, incidence or experience of a group.
Descriptive studies include case reports, case-series, qualitative studies and surveys (cross-sectional) studies, which measure the frequency of several factors, and hence the size of the problem (time, place, and person).
5. The research paper submitted by the applicant should be approved and signed by the head of the training institutions and research committee head of PSEDM.
6. Endorsement of two PSEDM fellows of good standing.
7. Authenticated list of all Endocrine and Metabolic cases managed or co-managed during post-residency fellowship training. List must cover the whole range of the subspecialty (hospital case number, complete diagnosis and disposition) as per required number of cases. The Section Chief or Training Officer must authenticate the said list.
8. Curriculum Vitae
9. Completed application form
10. Payment of application and examination fee (Php 5,000.00).
All applications must be received not later than August 3, 2018.